Monday, October 13, 2008

Day 137


I've been reading a lot about credit counseling and I'm actually glad I was denied the counseling when I was looking into it back in June...it was brought me to this blog and my inspiration (change can be a good thing) but the agency I was talking to had radio adds (very costly, I've had them so where does that money come from???) and they charged $100 to set up the plan plus 10% of my total debt -- yikes. Not until reading more into the book I am reading I have learned that this form of credit counseling is only out to take my money. It would have cost me about $5000 just to have them help me. Instead I pay for internet, and I have bought a few books and I am doing just fine :)

I still have so much to do this month to keep up

Total Debt Paid: $23,003

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Great job! You have exceeded your goal of paying $20,000 by November! That is awesome!!! Yeah!!

SavingDiva said...

WOW! I would say you're doing great without credit counseling!