Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 125

It's Oct 1st and with a new month I think I'm in need of new goals with strict discipline. The bills are beyond what I can pay this month and cut backs will have to be made if I plan on paying my bills on time, buying a washer and dryer and putting money away to debt.

The process has slowed down again on how much I have put to debt. I seem to do this...have set backs but will pick up again and this month I plan on having another great month. I'm totally broke today, yesterday and the day before living in my overdraft. I will be paid $900 today and out of that will pay my rent, gas and groceries for the week.

October Goals
  • pay bills on time
  • buy washer & dryer
  • no movie rentals
  • read more debt blogs
  • blog at least three times a week
  • pay off future shop bill
  • no new clothing for me
  • get child support
  • finish reading managing debt
  • find ways to save for debt
  • track all incoming and out going money
I just found some money saving tips that I will need to consider:
#1 Avoid temptations.
#2 Use grocery coupons and buy generic items.
#3 Don’t use credit cards.
#4 Make a list.
#5 Pay yourself first.
#6 Cut out your vice habits and drains on your dollars.
#7 Shop at discount stores and outlets.
#8 Buy used.
#9 Downsize.
#10 Postpone purchases.

Total debt paid: $22,253

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are great tips! I will have to remember them too. ;) Thanks for sharing.