Tuesday, June 17, 2008

$47,000 plus the interest in 18 months

I went to a credit counselor today and was told I should claim bankrupt as my living cost more then my income and that doesn't even include the $42,000 debt I have right now to pay off. I went in there thinking I would be set up on a debt management plan but they pointed out that there wasn't any money (after my cost of living) to pay off any of my debt.

I've paid about $5000 already in debt this month. There is no way I am prepared to claim bankrupt. I believe I can get through this. No money? How did I pay the $5000 then?!! Ugh, I'll just have to take care of this myself.

Just this month I was at $47,000. I am now at $42,000. Maybe by the end of the month I'll be at $40,000. Ummmm, let's see if I can do that :)

I have a book I carry with my that includes a list of my debt. (I pay $400 a month in interest.) I'll keep track of my progress as well online with this chart.


No comments: