Saturday, June 21, 2008

more numbers

I drew the above image at the beginning of the month when I was answering creditor calls and viewing bills I wasn't sure how to pay. I made a list of the companies and people I owed money to with the x (me) in the middle because that's how I was feeling...like all these companies were coming at me in full force. I have some nasty letters. Of the 13 listed 7 of then wanted money right away. So far this month I have been able to scratch thee of the companies/people off my list.

On another page I have the list below -- everything I've paid this month as far as creditors go, a small advertising cost and one personal loan.

...and here I have my list of crazy high bills this month because I was behind. However, I'm all caught up now :) Well, the Visa will be a long battle.
I guess now I will make a priority list of what to pay off first with my killer interest!
Check this out...this one bill suggest I pay $73.00 a month while my interest cost me $63.45. Can you imagine how long this would take to pay off when only $9.55 of the payment goes to the amount while the rest is on the interest. Yikes! This bill will have to be near the top of the list to be paid first. The interest is something like 28%
Here is my Visa interest
...and the $104.88 I paid last month in just interest alone, ugh!
This just shows how horrible I am at keeping track of things. I was paying $100.00 a week on this bill and forgot that I had set my bank account up to do so.

I need to get organized so that's what I am working on tonight. Like, who doesn't notice $400 missing from their account?!! It's not like I have a ton of money to not notice. I'm sooooo horrible with money and keeping track of things.

My little notes help a bit but tonight I bought a binder to keep all my bills in along with drawings as you've seen here -- hopefully this will help!

ok, now total spending today:

Personal
$5.11 - Tim Hortons
$6.00 - Wallmart water and coke
-------
$11.11

Business
$33.03 - gas and drinks
$13.43 - office supplies
$100.00 - assistant fees for the day

business is a write off so with personal spending today I have done well :)

This morning before work I estimated how much I can put on debt in June and August. This is my attempt to plan ahead and I have all the paper work in my new binder which I am calling my 'Binding out of debt Binder'

Now off to make that lit I was talking about...

1. Storage (because they want me out by July 8)

2. PST (just have to sort it out)

3. Future Shop (crazy high interest)

4. Peoples (in collections)

5. Visa (high interest)

6. Master Card (high interest and in collections)

7. Goodwin (my sons private school/no interest)

8. Radio ads (advertising business expense)

9. Mom (personal loan)

10. Paul (personal loan and he is in no rush)

Only 10 things but adding up to be over $40,000
Hopefully next month I can bring the 10 down to a list of 8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing so great on getting a hold of your debt and getting it paid off. It's fun to check in on you and see the progress you are making. Great work! :)