Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 32

Ugh, what a poor start to the month for paying off debt!

My cell phone no longer works. It won't turn on anymore so I'll need so buy a new one as soon as possible. I run my business of it and it's my only phone. I paid $500 for my phone less then two years ago. It has internet and an planner in it, etc -- great for biz. So my service provider will replace the phone with the upgrades for only $30 instead of the $200 the phone is sold for. That's because I asked for a break with the $500 I paid for the last phone not to long ago and my outrageous monthly phone bill as I run the biz.

So, that's not to bad...

But, now I have a camera down and the guy I usually go to can't fix it as it has to be done through the manufacturer. Ugh, this will take weeks to repair. But at least we now know what the problem is. The manufacturer will take about 4-6 weeks with the camera and I need a camera 4-6 times a week. So, I now have to think, buy, rent or do without while my camera is away. It may be time to upgrade and buy another. Yikes $$$

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn it! When it rains it pours, doesn't it? Well, hopefully that is the end of crappy stuff happening. Do you have an emergency fund? I didn't when I was paying off my debt, but I was lucky and never had anything major come up like that. E-fund was the first thing I did once my debts were all paid off.

aboutimage said...

Oh, I never thought of an emergency fund although I see others have it. Hummm, I think I'll start on that asap. I should probably have an emergency fund of $2000.

Thanks for the idea!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I wouldn't feel TOO discouraged... like change said, when it rains it pours :(

An EF fund is really crucial, of at least $1000, if not $2000 even if you are paying debt

I keep mine at $1k because I don't have THAT many bills to really cover that I can't do with a minimum wage Starbucks job.